So, I didn't get called back for Toyota. For the audition, I had to play musical chairs. We were supposed to be car shopping, but when the music stops, everyone grabs a seat as if you're claiming a car. I guess they didn't like the way I played musical chairs. Whatever. I mean, if they can't see that I'm absolutely PERFECT for this role and can play musical chairs with the best of them, then forget 'em!
Got another audition on Monday, so who needs Toyota! This one's for a promo spot that'll air during the Super Bowl.
This time, I'm not "real, not too pretty, slightly overweight." Instead, the breakdown said:
A WIFE, THAT ON THE SURFACE, MAY LOOK A LITTLE BLAND
"Bland"????
Then, it read:
BUT HAS A FOXY INSIDE.
Ha! Now, that's more like it. ;) The question is, how do you ACT that?
Then:
GOOD COMEDY DEAD PAN REACTIONS.
If there's something I'm good at, it's deadpan.
Here's my prediction of what will happen:
I'll be shoved in an audition room with 3 other women all vying for camera time. At least at this one, it's all non-verbal reactions. Good! If I don't have to open my mouth, it's always better. :D
Here's what WILL happen:
I get to get off early from work! Yippee!
I will go and make the most of it and have a blast! The way I look at auditions now is - if I can't have fun and do it for my own personal enjoyment, then why do it at all? Because honestly, who needs to schlep all over town getting stuck in traffic just to get judged (and usually rejected) by people I don't know?
I'm ok with me even if no one else in the room is.
So there.
Friday, October 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment