I was at Trader Joe's in the cereal section, right next to the little sample area, which is my favorite part of TJ's, and always my first stop. Grab a basket. Head for the samples.
Anyway, an employee was talking to the girl working the sample area. This is what I overheard:
Guy: ....the dragons were used to protect their property in China. You know, the statues?
Girl: Oh, yeah. Like the statues you see in pictures or in front of some houses out here?
I almost jumped in at this point to say something since I'm chinese. But, I'm glad I didn't because I wasn't ready for what came next.
Guy: Yeah, right. Then she told me that she was an empress or queen in her past life and she needed them to protect her palace.
Girl: What?
Guy: So, I said, 'Oh, that's cool' cuz I thought she was joking! She wasn't. She told me that in her past life, she was high up and even now, she needed those things to protect her from people who were after her.
Girl: But, how would she know something like that? How would she know what she was in some past life?
Guy: I don't know. I guess she took a test or something.
I can't make this up.
And I thought they were talking about Chinese architectural history. It was awesome.
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment